Sunday, January 29, 2012

Working in the Temple


Yesterday was our last day as workers in the Detroit temple.  Try as I might, I could not stop time.  The more I prayed, the faster it seemed the time flew.  Thankfully, I was not asked to relinquish my name badge.  It remains pinned to my dress as if to say "You'll need me again someday."  I wonder if my husband feels similarly about his white jacket? 

It was working in the temple that enabled me to slow down and see my blessings for what they were.  It was working in the temple that gave me the patience to strive at a job I could hardly stand, and the strength to reach for something better.  Time after time, patrons would say things like "You have no idea what you have done for me in this moment."  They were right, I had absolutely no idea.  There were days when it took everything I had to walk through those doors and let the world fall away, days when I was so preoccupied with my own struggle... but those moments of pure grace made my soul sing. 

I will miss working in the temple, but I look forward to the day when I can do so again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment