Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Health from a Different Perspective; Chiropractic Medicine and General Conference

Hello, friends!

As many of you know, I spend a great deal of my time in search of health, happiness, and the ability to see myself as a divine being; a daughter of my Heavenly Father.  Unfortunately, most of the time, I become mired in this human experience and don't make much progress.  I'm sad to say that my self-image has been suffering as of late; I hope that the steps I'm taking now will improve it.

This past week, Chris and I have been seeing our chiropractor, a fantastic doctor and great friend.  She is a member of the Church, and I just love the Spirit that resides wherever she goes.  After I'd been adjusted, I asked her what I could do about my weight.  One nutritional evaluation later, I am on a small regimen of supplements that have eased the nausea and fatigue that I deal with on a daily basis; a blessed relief, indeed!

This weekend is General Conference, a time that I look forward to with great anticipation.  As a convert, I had never realized that women were not asked to pray, but I'm thrilled to be a member at this time.  I have always believed that women have a voice in the Church that is equal to the priesthood.  I'm grateful, however, that one of my sisters in Christ is being given the opportunity to pray for us all in the name of the Lord.

Aside from this momentous occasion, I'm looking forward to hearing from our Prophet and his apostles, among others.  There is a love and hope that I feel during Conference that is almost tangible, that comes with the knowledge and the affirmation that I am beloved of God, and that my sins are atoned for in Christ Jesus, an affirmation that will hold me fast to my strengthened testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Have a blessed week, everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment