Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goodbye, my friend...

Yesterday, I received news that a friend of mine was in a coma.  This morning, I saw that he had passed away.  My heart aches for his family.  When I saw him last, he was preparing to go on a mission.  I suppose I comforted myself with the idea that he and the other members of my first ward family were going along, happily progressing in the Gospel...

How often do we really stop and think about those we have left behind?  How often do we consider that all may not be well in Zion?  And if we are bent on keeping our baptismal promises, why does it take a serious illness or death to shake us up and force us to consider those we love?  It shouldn't.

As for my friend, he will be missed very dearly.  I can only imagine that Heavenly Father had a greater work for him.  Still, a bright light has gone out for those of us here.

Heavenly Father, please send Thy Spirit to comfort all those who have been affected by Zach's death, especially his family and close friends.  We acknowledge Thy will in all things, and we know that Thou will bear this burden with us.  Please cover us with Thy mercy and grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment